- This event has passed.
Reformation Commemoration Event – “Martin Luther” Bus Trip to Minneapolis
November 10, 2016 - November 13, 2016
Can’t travel to Wittenberg Germany to celebrate the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther’s posting of the Ninety-five Theses on the church door?
……. then join Bishop Elaine and other fellow Lutherans for a Bus Trip to Minneapolis to visit the Exhibit of Martin Luther artifacts that have traveled from Germany to North America for the first time ever.
In addition to visiting the Exhibit, the group will:
- spend some time with a Luther Seminary Professor debriefing on the Martin Luther Exhibit
- have 2 options on Saturday afternoon:
- Option 1: Visit the American Swedish Institute which is featuring “A Nordic Christmas: Celebrations of Light” exhibition that explores universal celebrations of light and traditions of the five Nordic countries – $10 admission fee; see website:
- Option 2: spend a few hours at Mall of America
- experience German cuisine for dinner on Saturday night
- have two options after dinner on Saturday:
- Option 1: visit a local brewery to “Hoist a Stein to Luther’s 533rd Geburtstag!” A Martin Luther quote … “Whoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!”
- Option 2: Return to the hotel after supper for rest and relaxation
- worship on Sunday morning at Central Lutheran in Minneapolis with lunch to follow (freewill offering for lunch will be taken) www.centralmpls.org
The registration fees are as follows:
- $350 per person for a couple room, 2 people (one bed)
- $390 per person for a double room, 2 people (two beds)
- $540 per person for a single room, 1 person (1 bed)
- $150 per child for children sharing room with parent/guardian (Children must be accompanied by parent or guardian)
The registration fee covers the hotel and taxes, bus, Luther Exhibit Tour as well as other programming. The hotels provide complimentary breakfasts. Participants will be responsible for paying all other food costs including lunches and dinners, entertainment costs, and the $10 admission charge to the American Swedish Institute if you choose that option.
There is a limit of 45 participants, and in order to make this trip happen, we require a minimum of 40 paid registrations by October 5. This is a firm deadline. Registration fee is non-refundable after October 5.
We hope that this will be a break-even event, but if we have a surplus, we will contribute the surplus to “ELCIC’s Reformation Challenge”