Faith Formation Resources for Children, Youth and Families
This is a selection of resources curated and created by synod staff. If you have a helpful resource you want to share with other congregations and leaders in the synod, please email them to Michelle Collins (email@example.com). This page will be updated as resources are found or created.
Children may need some special attention as they sense the anxiety around them. Here are a collection of resources to minister to (and with) them.
- April 2021 Season After Pentecost Faith Formation Resource Round Up
- Feb 2021 Lent-Easter Resource Roundup
- Illustrated Ministry – Colouring sheets, activities, and podcasts
Worshiping With Children – resources for engaging children in worship
- Bible App for Kids – this free app and corresponding web site includes stories, games, and activities that help children engage with Bible stories
- 5-finger prayer – a guide to praying that can be used by the whole family
- Faith5 – a guide to a brief family check-in/devotion time from Rich Melheim (FaithInk.com)
- 5-Minute Family Faith Practices-Table Dice – a suggestion for a prayer practice at home
- Spark Family Sunday school – weekly Sunday school lessons from Sparkhouse
- Take Out Church – an idea for a way to equip families with a kit to have devotional conversations at home. Could be adapted for current context.
- ELCA Faith Formation at Home Resources
- Resources from the ELCIC and its partners
- Online Stations of the Cross
- FaithLens is a resource from the ELCA that invites youth to reflect on a story from the news in light of the lectionary text for the upcoming week. Could be sent home to families or discussion facilitated online.
- Milestone Ministries provides a variety of resources for children and youth
For Leaders and Families
The ELCA Faith Formation Office offers specific resources for Faith Formation at Home pertinant this time of physical distancing during the Coronavirus. Find those resources HERE.
Vibrant Faith Ministries provides a variety of training webinars for faith formation with all ages. Their resources include helpful information about moving faith formation ministry online during physical distancing.
Sanctified Art is a resource sight focused on integrating art and contemplative practice into worship and education. Their site includes a variety of worship bundles by themes that incorporates multi-sensory/multi-generational worship ideas.